Translate

Monday 2 June 2014

Oops! Hijacking Again ... An Update by Trudie x

Our book Dreams Do Come True was published in September 2011, it's aim... to make a million pounds from the revenue for St Mary's Hospital in gratitude for our wonderful son Jaja and I remember stepping into an unknown world, just as I done many years previous as I entered the unknown world of infertility.  I was very proud that we found the most dynamic Publisher in CGW Publishing and Christopher Greenaway has been invaluable, he is a true gift.  We soon featured in all the local newspapers and some Nationals too.  We appeared on TV shows such as Granada Reports, North West Tonight, Live with Fern Britton, BBC Breakfast News and a host of radio shows too numerous too mention!  Who'd have thought that a couple from Leyland in Lancashire could accomplish that?  But we did, we even had our very own book signing at Waterstones, okay we didn't pull the crowds like Jordan when she had her book signing, but we actually had an official book signing event - my life just went crazy... 


We are still aiming for that million and we greet each new day with great hope knowing that one day it will happen.  Here's the picture when we donated the first £1,000 it was a huge day in my life ... 


Initially the book was called "From IVF to IVA & Onto Bankruptcy", but we found that Dreams was much more befitting and we love it because we know that Dreams REALLY Do Come True ...


Since the launch of Dreams, Lloyd wrote another book, an eBook called "Together Forever", which was initially titled "Why Women Leave ... Or Stay and Loathe Us", but that was changed to "The Circle of Love" and ended up Together Forever.  I have read it and I obviously adore Lloyd, but I have to say I laughed my way through it though there were some poignant moments and some rather powerful ones.  He based this book having studied me for 30 years!!! 


We are now on with the next project, would you believe a football book!  This book was based on an article Lloyd wrote when Bolton Wanderers relocated from Burnden Park to the Reebok Stadium, it was a heart rendering piece which brought a lump to my throat (I did actually cry) so he decided to invite fans from other Clubs that had relocated to write about their feelings, the response so far has been stunning, so much so I now know the utter passion surrounding football.  Initially I wasn't too enthralled with the idea of this project but I am now spellbound and totally excited, so a big well done to Lloydie!

Anyway before Lloyd gets back and catches me in the act of stealing his blog I will bid you all a goodnight, hope you all sleep well and hope you all accomplish your dreams - NEVER STOP DREAMING. 

Bless you, love you all
Trudie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment