Translate

Sunday 15 June 2014

FATHERS DAY FRAUD....

This morning I woke up to breakfast in bed and 'Fathers Day' cards from Jaja and Trudie. Both of them as ever have written some very loving and moving words telling me what a wonderful Dad I am and the whole day is mine with my every wish being their command but I feel like too much of a fraudster to be 'Lording' it up on my 'Special Day' and here's why...

Do we have a 'Lottery Winners' day whereby we set aside a special day in which we honour and celebrate all the lottery winners of the world? I'll answer that straight away by saying of course not! That would be just ridiculous, in fact it would be more appropriate for the lottery winners to pay tribute to the source of their wealth and hopefully resulting lifetime of joy don't you think?

The connection I am making here is that the day Trudie gave birth to Jaja was more precious than any lottery win could be no matter what the size of the jackpot! Every day of his life Jaja says at least once but often more, those still spine tingling words "I love you Dad"...Those words and who he has become is my gift of a lifetime from Trudie so I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to the two of them for making my life complete and I propose that 'Fathers Day' in future should be a time when we celebrate and honour the people who have given us the best thing any man can have in his life...The gift of a child.


Jaja getting ready for his first 'Fathers Day'




Meanwhile, on the outside...




It's my Christening today! 




Can you spot me?



      
I'm a big boy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment